The University of Sussex is making available the Geoffrey Oldham Memorial Scholarships to students who wish to undertake an eligible Masters degree programme at the University’s Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU). These scholarships are being offered in celebration of and in continuation of the legacy of Geoffrey Oldham, who co-founded the SPRU in 1966. He served as Deputy Director before becoming Director in 1982, and his work on science and technology policy and developing countries is unparalleled.
Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) at the University of Sussex
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters degree in courses under Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU):
• Energy Policy MSc
• Project Management MSc
• Science and Technology Policy MSc
• Strategic Innovation Management MSc or
• Sustainable Development MSc.
Number of Scholarships:
Students from all countries
Each scholarship is worth £10,000, which will be used towards tuition fee reduction.
Eligible applicants are those who have accepted an offer of a full time place on 1 of the eligible Masters courses in SPRU (see above).
You can only apply for this scholarship after you have accepted an offer of a place on an eligible course. You will need to have excellent academic scores to date and need to provide a statement of academic interests. This statement will be assessed on the following information you furnish in the statement:
• clear and specific goals with what you aim to do after you finish your Masters
• significant work experience or extra-curricular activities related to your chosen Masters and
• how your research interests will contribute to furthering Geoffrey Oldham’s work on Science and Technology and Gender.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.