David Johnston – Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards in Canada
Award type: International experience awardsAward description:
Several awards are provided annually to full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, or a study term related to academic requirements. Awards are valued at up to $2,500 – $10,000 each, and will be given on the basis of academic achievement, as well as the type and duration of the experience. Interested students, in good academic standing (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level), who are planning to participate in an international experience in Israel are eligible to apply. Award selection will take place once per term.
Students should apply as soon as they are able to confirm the details of their intended experience by one of the following deadlines: July 15, November 15, or March 15. These awards were established through the generous support of the Joseph and Wolf Lebovic Foundation in honour of former Waterloo President David Johnston, as a lasting tribute to his 11-year service to this university and in recognition of his passion for international opportunities for students.Value description:
- up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience
- $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience
- up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience
Eligibility & selection criteria:
- full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any Faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements
- selection based on combination of academic achievement and duration and type of the international experience
Level: Year One, Year Two, Year Three, Year FourProgram:Open to any programCitizenship: Canadian citizen/Permanent resident, International/study permit studentSelection process: Application requiredTerm: Winter, Spring, FallApplication details:
- Complete the general International Experience Award Application form.
- Access the application on our Forms page.
- Attach required documentation (refer to application form).
- Only submit one general form to be considered for the majority of available international experience awards, unless a specific form or process is indicated.
- Apply prior to your departure term, by the applicable term deadline.
Application deadline: March 15, July 15, November 15Additional instructions:
Graduate students should consult with the Graduate Studies Office for application details.Contact:
- Student Awards & Financial Aid
- Jessica Bruni, Undergraduate Awards Co-ordinator
- The Centre, Needles Hall