Last updated: 15 Dec 2020 |
University of Oregon
Deadline: 1 Feb 2021 (annual)
Study in: USA
Course starts 2021
International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP). The ICSP scholarship has a cultural service component which requires students to give presentations about their home country to children, community organizations, and UO students, faculty and staff.
Oregon University, USA
Field(s) of study:
Eligible programmes offered at the University
Number of Scholarships:
International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit
Tuition-waiver scholarship ranging from 0 – 15 non-resident academic credits per term. The scholarship amount will remain consistent each term.
- Applicants must be admissible or fully admitted to the University of Oregon. New students must apply for admission to the UO for 2020-21 by 15 January 2021.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.
ICSP students agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program.
You must apply for Admission to the University of Oregon before you can apply for scholarship. Watch your email for an invitation to enter the UO Scholarship Dashboard within one week of applying for admissions. In the UO Scholarship Dashboard, you must submit the General Application, ISSS Endowed Scholarships Application and the ICSP Scholarship Application together with your Reference Letters before 1 February 2021 by 4 p.m. (PST).
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Last updated: 01 Dec 2020 |
University of British Columbia
Deadline: 5 Jan 2021 (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts 2021
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study:
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
Number of Awards:
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need. Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- • You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- • You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- • You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- • You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- • You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (at least an A average or equivalent standard).
- • You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 5 January 2021. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 31 January 2021.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship