The program Learn Africa aims to promote the transfer of knowledge, exchange and training of African female students through scholarships offered by Spanish universities.
Since 2013 and up to now, 153 African female students from 34 countries have been beneficiaries of this program and have studied different subjects and levels at 40 Spanish universities, 1 Portuguese and 2 educational centers in Morocco.
Learn Africa presents this year a different call than usual. Given the global travel restrictions established by the covid-19 pandemic, all the studies offered for the 2020-2021, except those of Planeta Formation and University, are online and have been specially designed by Spanish universities to avoid the impact of the coronavirus in your training and in your future
Therefore, and in view of the impossibility that students can travel and study in person in Spain, the scholarships for this call cover only tuition and academic fees.
Table of Content
- About Women for Africa Foundation
- Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women
- Aim and Benefits of Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women
- Requirements for Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women Qualification
- Interview date, Process and Venue for Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women
- Documents Required for Application
- Application Deadline
- How to Apply
About Women for Africa Foundation
The Women for Africa Foundation is a spanish private, non-profit entity created in February 2012 by María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, the former vice president of the Government of Spain. Its aim is to promote equal rights and opportunities for women, contributing to the progress of the continent. Women for Africa is commited to democracy, governance, peace, human rights and sustainable economic and social development. And all this through equality, because we are convinced that equality is the most powerful instrument of social transformation…. read more
Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women
- Type Undergraduate
- OrganisationWomen for Africa Foundation
- Country to study –
- School to study –
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline July 15, 2020
Aim and Benefits of Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women
Once the scholarship has been completed, they are committed to providing a report about their academic experience.
Also, they must answer to a survey so the entity can assess the results, and where necessary, introduce modifications to the scholarship program to improve it if deemed appropriate.
Likewise, The Foundation and the Spanish universities of destination may make full or partial use, on their website or in some of their publications, regarding the content of the report prepared by the scholarship holders after their stay in Spain. In this case, the Women for Africa Foundation may mention the author (s) of said content.
Requirements for Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women Qualification
- Be a woman and have the nationality of an African country.
- Be enrolled in an African university or have a university degree issued in an African country. For Postgraduate Scholarships, the Degree title is required. The required degree can vary depending on the requested scholarship (See details of each scholarship).
- Meet the specific requirements and technical/technologic material of each type of scholarship.
- Only one application per person
Interview date, Process and Venue for Learn Africa Scholarship Program for African Women
A committee of experts will make a first evaluation of all the candidatures according to the following documents:
- Reference letter
- Motivation letterCarta personal de motivación
- Research Project if required
The final selection will be agreed with each of the participating universities and the results will be published at the end of August on our website, in addition to being personally communicated to each of the selected candidates.
The decision will not be personally communicated to unsuccessful candidates.
Documents Required for Application
To apply for a scholarship you will need to attach the following documents:
- National identity documen
- CV + INFO
- Diploma / certificate / university degree (as required)
- Academic record
- Motivation letter + INFO
- Reference or recommendation letter/s + INFO
- Official language level accreditation if required + INFO
- Research project
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Women for Africa Foundation on mujeresporafrica.es to apply
If you have any questions or you need any additional information, please contact the Foundation at: email@example.com
Remember that you can consult the Frequently asked questions section where your questions could be resolved.
For more detials visit the scholarship webpate
Want to study abroad? Find Ongoing Scholarships to Study Abroad Here