Razer Blade 16 is a high-performance gaming laptop that offers powerful hardware, a high-resolution display, and a thin and lightweight design. However, the RTX 4090 is a very expensive graphics chip, making the Razer Blade 16 a relatively expensive laptop. If you’re a serious gamer who needs a laptop that can keep up with your demanding needs and you don’t mind paying a premium price, the Razer Blade 16 is a great choice.
The Razer Blade 16 is a high-end gaming laptop that features the RTX 4090, a powerful and very expensive graphics chip produced by NVIDIA. Here are some of the key features of the Razer Blade 16:
- RTX 4090 graphics: The RTX 4090 is one of the most powerful graphics chips available, providing smooth and high-quality graphics, making the Razer Blade 16 ideal for demanding games and applications.
- High-resolution display: The Razer Blade 16 features a high-resolution display that offers clear and vivid images, as well as sharp text.
- Fast and efficient hardware: The Razer Blade 16 is powered by fast and efficient hardware, including powerful processors, plenty of RAM, and advanced graphics capabilities.
4. Good battery life: Despite its powerful hardware, the Razer Blade 16 offers a decent battery life, allowing you to game for hours without needing to be near an outlet.
- Thin and lightweight design: Despite its powerful hardware, the Razer Blade 16 is relatively thin and lightweight, making it easy to carry with you on the go.
- Windows 11: The Razer Blade 16 runs on Windows 11, which is a popular and well-regarded operating system that offers a large number of features and apps.
The Blade 16 unit I have includes a Core i9-13950HX, 32GB of RAM, 2TB SSD, and a top-end RTX 4090. Both storage and RAM are upgradeable. At 5.4 pounds, it’s not too much noticeably heavier than the 16-inch MacBook Pro with M2 Max — which is impressive for a full-tilt gaming laptop considering the massive frame rates the Blade will deliver. It’s certainly thinner than any number of other monstrous laptops that will include the RTX 4090 chip. (The 330W charger is also fairly compact, weighing just under two pounds — you could probably fit two of them into the bricks that power some bigger RTX notebooks.)
- 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13950HX, 24 cores / 32 threads, 5.5GHz (max turbo), 36MB cache
- 32GB dual-channel DDR5-5600MHz, expandable up to 64GB DDR5-5200MHZ (two slots)
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 laptop GPU (16GB VRAM)
- 2TB SSD (M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0), expandable up to 4TB (1+1 open slot)
- 16:10 UHD Plus 120Hz and FHD Plus 240Hz screen, 3.0ms, Mini LED
- 13.98 x 9.61 x 0.87 inches (355 x 244 x 21.99mm), 5.4 pounds (2.45kg)
- 95.2Whr battery
- 330W power adapter
- Windows Hello Full HD IR webcam (2MP / 1080p)
- Two Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C), UHS-II SD Card reader, three USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, one HDMI 2.1
- Wi-FI 6E, Killer Wireless-AX211
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Windows 11 Home
Razer Blade 16 Benchmarks
|Title||Frames per second|
|Assassin’s Creed Valhalla|
|1920 x 1200||136|
|Shadow of the Tomb Raider|
|Native (ray tracing on)||68|
|Native (ray tracing on, DLSS to Quality)||101|
|QHD (ray tracing on)||118|
|QHD (ray tracing on, DLSS to Quality)||140|
|1920 x 1200||169|
|Red Dead Redemption 2|
|1920 x 1200||118|
|Native (ray tracing on)||18|
|1920 x 1200||96|
|CS:GO (run on FHD / 240Hz display)|